“Bullet 3D Game Multiphysics Library provides state of the art collision detection, soft body and rigid body dynamics.
- Used by many movie and game companies in AAA titles on Playstation 3, XBox 360, Nintendo Wii, PC, Android and iPhone
- Modular extendible C++ design with hot-swap of most components
- Optimized back-ends for pthreads/Win32 Threads multi-threading and PS3 Cell SPU
- Preparation for OpenCL data parallel optimizations for upcoming Bullet 3.x
Bullet Collision Detection can be used on its own as a separate SDK without Bullet Dynamics
- Discrete and continuous collision detection (CCD)
- Swept collision queries
- Ray casting with custom collision filtering
- Generic convex support (using GJK), capsule, cylinder, cone, sphere, box and non-convex triangle meshes.
- Support for dynamic deformation of non-convex triangle meshes, by refitting the acceleration structures
Multi-physics support including:
- Rigid body dynamics including constraint solvers, generic constraints, ragdolls, hinge, ball-socket
- Support for constraint limits and motors
- Soft body support including cloth, rope and deformable
- Bullet is integrated into Maya, Houdini, Cinema 4D, Lightwave, Blender and Carrara. Plugins for 3ds Max are available.
- Serialization of physics data in the cross-platform binary .bullet file format”